Online Music Lessons
In response to the recent outbreak of Covid-19 in our general area, So i Heard Music has followed the lead of the public schools and is now closed to the public. So i Heard Music now offers online music lessons instead of in-person lessons.
How Do Online Music Lessons Work?
Online music lessons are one on one video conferencing sessions between a music teacher and a student. Both the instructor and student will have their own instruments that are viewable by the cameras. Using this method, we can conduct online music lessons that aren’t all that different from in-studio lessons! So i Heard is fortunate enough that technology is already so heavily engrained in our methods, so it is relatively easy to transition to this method of teaching. If needed, our instructors will share their computer screen for things such as apps and recording software that your students are used to using. This is especially handy during music production lessons.
Here’s what you can expect from an online music lesson:
- Consistent weekly meeting time with the same instructor
- Your teacher will listen to you play and give feedback just like in an in-person lesson
- Both the student and teacher will maintain copies of all music so that they both can follow along together
- When introducing new material, the teacher will demonstrate techniques on their own instrument, positioning the camera so that the student will be able to see what’s going on
- Assignments are done in the exact same way they are done at the studio. Your teacher will write up an assignment sheet at the end of every lesson and email you a copy of the PDF!
- A cure to boredom! Trust us: After a few days stuck at home, music lessons will be a welcome break!
Getting Set Up at Home
Getting set up at home for online lessons is relatively easy as long as you have a computer and an internet connection. Having an iPad or other tablet device is even better! Here are the most important things your student needs to get set up for your online lessons at home:
- Internet access
- A computer, laptop, phone, or tablet device with a built-in camera
- An external webcam if your device does not have a built-in camera
- Access to a Gmail address, which can be registered for free at www.gmail.com
If this sounds like fun, fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch to set up your lessons!