Why So i Heard Music Online?
There are so many online subscription lesson services out there right now, it might be tough to decide how to approach learning music. Do you sign your kids up for a $15/month web application on their iPad? Do you go to local in-person lessons? Maybe, but perhaps you’re not ready for that yet, and don’t know what to do. You know how important music lessons are, so you’re stuck! But what about online music lessons?
So i Heard Music bridges the gap between REAL one-on-one music lessons and an online-only web app: we take the traditional experience of music lessons and bring it into the post-COVID, 21st-century world, via virtual lessons with a real, live, vetted and qualified instructor.
We also offer in-person music lessons at our studio in Millburn, NJ!
How does So i Heard Music Online work?
Our online music lessons are one on one video conferencing sessions between one of our highly-qualified music teachers and a student. Both the instructor and student will have their own instruments that are viewable by the cameras. Using this method, we can conduct online music lessons that aren’t all that different from in-studio lessons! If needed, our instructors will share their computer screen for things such as apps and recording software that your students are used to using. This is especially handy during music production lessons.
Here’s what you can expect from an online music lesson:
- Consistent weekly meeting time with the same instructor
- Automated monthly billing at one flat rate
- Your teacher will listen to you play and give feedback just like in an in-person lesson
- Both the student and teacher will maintain copies of all music so that they both can follow along together
- When introducing new material, the teacher will demonstrate techniques on their own instrument, positioning the camera so that the student will be able to see what’s going on
- Assignments are done in the exact same way they are done at the studio. Your teacher will write up an assignment sheet at the end of every lesson and email you a copy of the PDF!
- A cure to boredom! Trust us: After a few days stuck at home, online music lessons will be a welcome break!
What is needed for online music lessons?
Getting set up at home for online lessons is relatively easy as long as you have a computer and an internet connection. Having an iPad or other tablet device is even better! Here are the most important things your student needs to get set up for your online lessons at home:
- Internet access
- A computer, laptop, phone, or tablet device with a built-in camera (Computer is best)
- An external webcam if your device does not have a built-in camera
- Zoom client for video conferencing
Why So i Heard Music?
So i Heard Music is a brick and mortar and online music lesson company built around the philosophies and methods developed by life-long musician and teacher Sam Morgan, and his long-time friend and fellow musician Sean Killary. Sam’s approach to education is based on the idea that all students learn differently, and all instructors should be allowed to follow the energy and excitement of their students. If a student wants to learn pop music, that’s what they’re going to do! While allowed leeway to teach what the student wants to learn, instructors also work on traditional techniques in a way that keeps kids motivated and engaged. Quite simply, there is no better place for kids or adults to learn music, online, or in-person.
So, what sets So i Heard Music apart?
- Fun, youthful and qualified instructors who have a music degree or equivalent experience
- We’re not a self-guided app!
- All instructors pass a background check
- All instructors are employees of So i Heard Music, which allows us to guarantee their quality and expertise
- Students have the freedom to learn and explore music while learning traditional techniques
- High-tech teaching tools
- Real, live front desk staff to answer questions during business hours
- Make-up lessons are included in pricing
- Virtual recital opportunities
- Exclusive livestream concerts
If this sounds like fun, fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch to set up a free online trial lesson!