We’re looking to add new team members to our already outstanding group of instructors.
Hiring for our new location in Gillette, NJ:
We are expanding and looking for an exceptional set of teachers.
So i Heard music was founded in 2013 by two Berklee grads who are passionate about music education and music technology. So i Heard Music teaches in a highly interactive way that combines music theory, technology, and maximum motivation to make music lessons fun for any child.
We are looking for people who teach drums, guitar, voice, strings, brass, keyboard, music production, bass, and others. If you are a multi-instrumentalist that is a plus!
- Teaching experience preferred, but not required (We train!)
- Comfortable teaching K-12 students (some adults), beginner through intermediate; advanced is a plus.
- Familiar with current recording software and Apple computers, and/or able to learn
- Music degree or equivalent required
- Ability to read and teach note reading
- 20 hrs/week+ of availability
- Friendly and personable
Benefits of working at So i Heard Music
- Competitive pay
- Modern equipment and recording technology in every lesson room
- Receptionist handles all booking, payment, missed lessons, and policy inquiries
- We provide all students and marketing
- All you do is teach!
- The make-up policy is very teacher-friendly: you are paid full rate when a student cancels, no matter the reason or advance notice
- Fun environment: paintball tournaments, dinners, trampoline parties
- 401k available for full-time instructors and staff
Recent college grads welcome and encouraged to apply. Opportunity for growth as we rapidly expand.
Our hours of operation:
- 2-9 PM Monday through Thursday
- 3-6:30 PM Friday
- 10 AM to 6 PM Sunday
If you think this sounds like the perfect job for you, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for our company, no stock cover letters, please.
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Part-time