We are looking for exceptional musicians for our music schools in Gillette, NJ and Millburn, NJ. We are looking for instructors of all major instrument groups, including piano, voice, drums, guitar, music production, bass, strings, brass, and more.
So i Heard music was founded in 2013 by two Berklee grads who are passionate about music education and music technology. So i Heard Music teaches in a highly interactive way that combines music theory, technology, production, and maximum motivation to make music lessons fun for any child.
Check out our website, www.soiheardmusic.com, to see how we currently operate. We feel as though our student-centered methods, with a focus on music production, is the best way to learn music.
- Teaching experience preferred
- Comfortable teaching K-12 students (some adults), beginner through intermediate; advanced is a plus
- Familiar with current recording software and Apple computers, and/or able to learn
- Music degree or equivalent required
- Ability to read and teach note reading
- Friendly and personable
Benefits of working at So i Heard Music
- Competitive pay
- Modern equipment and recording technology in every lesson room
- Receptionist handles all booking, payment, missed lessons, and policy inquiries
- We provide all students
- All you do is teach!
- The make-up policy is very teacher-friendly: you are paid full rate when a student cancels, no matter the reason or advance notice
- Fun and engaging work environment
Recent college grads are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Our hours of operation:
- 2-9 PM Monday through Thursday
- 3-6:30 PM Friday
- 10 AM to 6 PM Saturday & Sunday
If you think this sounds like the perfect job for you, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for our company, no stock cover letters, please.